UPDATE: We’ve extended the closing date for entries to 16 August 2013 – full details below!
There are lots of photography competitions out there, but few are as special as the opportunity we’re offering Digital Camera World readers.
We’ve partnered with the international sight-saving charity ORBIS to offer one lucky Digital Camera World reader the opportunity to put everything you’ve learned in our popular Shoot Like A Pro series to the test and do something truly meaningful with your photography.
For more details on the prize and how to enter this exclusive photo competition, see below.
The international blindness prevention charity ORBIS is offering Digital Camera World readers the opportunity of a lifetime to give something back with their photography.
The winning photographer from this photo competition will travel with a delegation from ORBIS to Geta Eye Hospital, in Dhangadhi, Nepal, where the photographer will be on assignment with the charity, tasked with documenting ORBIS’ work. From Dhangadhi, the winner will then travel with ORBIS for an additional two days documenting its work at Pokhara Hospital, Kathmandu.
The resulting images will then be used by the charity to increase awareness of issues relating to blindness and deliver help to those who need it most.
HOW TO ENTER
To win this fantastic opportunity, photographers are asked to submit a small portfolio of three images along the theme of Outdoor Portraits. This can be done via the entry form on the competition page at the link below.
Images must be 72dpi and no bigger than 800 pixels along their longest edge. Entries will be accepted until 16 August 2013, after which our judges will select a shortlist of five photographers.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Our judges will conduct a short interview with each shortlisted photographer about his or her portfolio, and a winner will be announced at the end of August 2013.
- The winning photographer will leave London with ORBIS for the assignment, which will take place from 22 to 27 October 2013.
- Your flight, accommodation and transfers will be covered, but all other in-country expenses such as food and drink will be your responsibility.
- This competition is open to UK residents only.
- Entrants will be informed of the winner following judging via ORBIS’s newsletter
- Full terms and conditions from ORBIS and Digital Camera World can be found on the competition entry page at the link below.