Microphone specialist Røde has introduced a new tabletop mic that is designed to appeal to videographers and vloggers. The Rode NT-USB Mini is designed to be simple to use, plugging directly into the USB socket of your laptop or tablet – and comes at a price that is much more affordable than its professional studio design suggests.
The key features of the miniature version of Rode's existing NT-USB microphone are
• High-quality electret condenser capsule – which claims to deliver warmth and presence for a clear, professional sound.
• Directional cardioid pickup pattern – optimized to reduce room sound and other extraneous noise, focusing on the subject in front of it.
• In-built pop filter for reducing plosives.
• Detachable magnetic desk stand – sturdy base mitigates knocks and bumps, easy to remove.
• A tripod mount is provided for use on a stand or tabletop tripod.
• Integrated 360-degree swing mount for quick and easy positioning.
• Studio-grade headphone amplifier with precision level control
• Built-in 3.5mm headphone socket for monitoring the sound
• Switchable zero-latency monitoring for eliminating distracting echo.
Weighing 585g, the Rode NT-USB Mini mic is made from aluminum and measures 141.9 x 54.5 x 89.3mm. It is supplied with a USB-A to USB-C cable.
The Rode NT-USB Mini mic will cost £99 and is due to go on sale later this month.
Best camera for streaming for Twitch, Mixer and Facebook Live