Microphone specialist Røde has introduced a new tabletop mic that is designed to appeal to videographers and vloggers. The Rode NT-USB Mini is designed to be simple to use, plugging directly into the USB socket of your laptop or tablet – and comes at a price that is much more affordable than its professional studio design suggests.
The key features of the miniature version of Rode's existing NT-USB microphone are
• High-quality electret condenser capsule – which claims to deliver warmth and presence for a clear, professional sound.
• Directional cardioid pickup pattern – optimized to reduce room sound and other extraneous noise, focusing on the subject in front of it.
• In-built pop filter for reducing plosives.
• Detachable magnetic desk stand – sturdy base mitigates knocks and bumps, easy to remove.
• A tripod mount is provided for use on a stand or tabletop tripod.
• Integrated 360-degree swing mount for quick and easy positioning.
• Studio-grade headphone amplifier with precision level control
• Built-in 3.5mm headphone socket for monitoring the sound
• Switchable zero-latency monitoring for eliminating distracting echo.
Weighing 585g, the Rode NT-USB Mini mic is made from aluminum and measures 141.9 x 54.5 x 89.3mm. It is supplied with a USB-A to USB-C cable.
The Rode NT-USB Mini mic will cost £99 and is due to go on sale later this month.
The best microphones for photographers and filmmakers
Best camera for streaming for Twitch, Mixer and Facebook Live
The best 4K camera for filmmaking in 2020