Discover everything you need to know about shooting raw images, in the new issue of Digital Camera magazine – on sale now.
We take you through a raw workflow that will help transform your photography – from the camera settings you need right through to how to get the best out of the files in post-processing. Also in this issue, join us on location in the Czech Republic with top wildlife photographer Janek Sedlar, find out all you need to know about camera metering systems, and discover how underwater photographer Shawn Heinrichs captures his incredible images of sharks and whales.
In the gear section, we put the full-frame mirrorless Canon EOS R through a full field- and lab-based test, while two other mirrorless models – the Olympus OM-D E-M1 II and Panasonic's Lumix G9 – go head to head. But there's even more for fans of mirrorless cameras, and those watching the relentless growth of this sector: the DC team was out in force at Photokina in Germany, so we've produced a four-page special report. With so many exciting new product announcements, from the likes of Fujifilm, Leica and Panasonic, it really is a case of the world going full-frame mirrorless.
Elsewhere, eight carbon-fibre tripods battle it out in our Group Test, and we get hands-on with the Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8L IS III USM lens. Is it as good as the previous version? Don't miss our verdict.
If you're looking for a laptop that can handle the demands of photo editing, then we have six super-capable models on test. Accommodating a laptop alongside your camera, lenses and accessories is also a consideration in our test of six luxury camera bags – why not treat yourself to one this autumn?
The issue comes with a whopping 13 free gifts too.
- 2019 calendar packed with stunning images, key shooting dates and tips for getting the most out of your camera
- Videodisc featuring 70 minutes of Photoshop and Lightroom video training
- 164-page Camera Shopper ebook packed full of buying advice
- Nine shooting tips cards with settings to help you capture great portrait shots
- 36 triptych templates for presenting a trio of related photos
Every issue of Digital Camera magazine is packed with tips, techniques, pro advice, reviews, news and inspiration. To make sure of your copy every month, subscribe at our online shop from just £12.50!
You can buy limited back issues of Digital Camera magazine in print at our MyFavouriteMagazines secure store
Alternatively, there are a number of different digital options available, including:
• Apple app (for iPad or iPhone)
• Zinio app (multi-platform app for desktop or smartphone)
• Google Play (for Android devices)
• Readly (digital magazine subscription service)