The Sony A9 III has just been launched at will feature the first full-frame global shutter on a professional mirrorless camera. It has a top shutter speed of 1/80,000sec - and can shoot at 120 RAW frames per second.
The global shutter will ensure that video is will give distortion free footage, with no rolling shutter effect.
Other features include
• 24.6MP BSI CMOS sensor
• Flash sync up to 1/80000sec, thanks to the global shutter, that reads all the photosites simultaneously
• 9.4 million dot EVF
• 6K video in 60p, or 4K 120p with no crop
• 10-bit 4:2:2 S-Log 3 / S-Cinetone
• 759 focusing points covering 95.6% of the image sensor
• Flicker free shooting with no banding
• 8-stop 5-axis in-body image stabilization
• Dual Bionz XR processors
The Sony A9 III will launch in spring 2024 for US$5,999.99 / £6,100 (Australian price and availability TBC).
Breaking story - see our live blog of the Sony launch here to see our ongoing coverage of the event