Images and specs of the Canon ZV-123 – the first of what the company hopes to be the best instant cameras – have been leaked, following the successful certification process by the Bureau Veritas agency.
The leak comes from the ever-reliable Japanese leak site Nokishita (by way of Mirrorless Rumors) and supports the earlier report of Canon's new instant cameras to challenge Fujifilm's instax dominance.
The ZV-123 is the "3879C00X: IVY 2in1 instant camera" listed in that report, coming in four colors: gold, white, blue and red. It has a super slim profile, possesses a mirrored lens screen for perfect posing, and uses Canon's Ivy and Zink printing technology.
• Digital photo resolution: 8 million pixels
• Focal length: 25.4 mm
• Maximum aperture: F2.2
• Minimum shooting distance: 30 cm
• ISO sensitivity: Auto (ISO 100-1600)
• Wireless: Bluetooth 4.0
• Battery: Built-in (700 mAh, 7.4 V), USB charging (micro USB)
• Media: micro SD card
• Size: 121 mm (W) x 80.3 mm (H) x 21.5 mm (D)
• Weight: 188g
• Printing technology: ZINK
• Printing resolution: 314 x 600 dpi
• Image sizes: 2 '' x 2 '' or 2 '' x 3 ''
There is no information on the second camera listed in the previous report, the "3884C00X: IVY instant camera". While the Canon ZV-123 bears the description "IVY 2in1 instant camera", the second model lacks the 2in1 description – it is possible that this means there is no microSD card support, making it a true print-only instant camera.