Would you believe that the GoPro Hero8 Black is the most complained about camera on Twitter? That’s according to Electronics Hub (opens in new tab), which carried out its own research into negative tweets across a broad spectrum of electronic devices.
Here’s the full top 10 with the percentage of negative tweets about these cameras – click/tap the camera name to read our own reviews!
1. GoPro Hero8 Black (opens in new tab): 8.6%
2. GoPro Hero9 Black (opens in new tab): 6.4%
3. Ricoh GR III (opens in new tab): 5.7%
4. Polaroid Now (opens in new tab): 5.5%
5. Nikon Z7 II (opens in new tab): 5.1%
6. Sony A6600 (opens in new tab): 5.0%
7. Sony A7R IV (opens in new tab): 5.0%
8. Canon EOS 90D (opens in new tab): 3.8%
9. GoPro Hero10 Black: (opens in new tab) 3.8%
10. Sony A7 IV (opens in new tab): 3.7%
Bear in mind that a Twitter complaint can include anything from actual defective features to having to wait too long to get something, being annoyed about what it costs or that the instructions are hard to follow.
Cameras come out of this pretty well
The other thing to note from the Electronics Hub survey (opens in new tab) is that cameras are near the bottom of the complained-about list. Far worse offenders include consoles (Xbox One: 12.1%), phones (Apple iPhone 12 mini (opens in new tab): 26.1%), laptops (HP laptops (opens in new tab), 29.1%), earbuds (Realme: 33.8%), fitness trackers (FitBit Charge 4: 31.4%), tablets (opens in new tab) and smart home devices.
In fact, it turns out that of all the product categories Electronics Hub surveyed, cameras got the lowest percentage of negative comments in the Twitterverse – so while GoPro’s last three Heros are in this blacklist, their numbers are still pretty good. So actually, cameras are the least-complained about products!