The March issue of Digital Camera revisits one of our favourite subjects – winter wildlife.
Over 13 pages, we reveal hints, tips and hard-learned advice for shooting birds, beasts and more.
And you don’t have to own any expensive camera kit or travel far… our tutorials cover using a basic telephoto lens and show how to photograph the wide array of birds you’ll find in your garden.
More inspiration is waiting in Photo Active, our dedicated projects section. Learn how to shoot infra-red images, carry out basic portrait edits in Lightroom and get the inside track from Terry Donnelly on one of his award-winning environmental portraits.
This month’s One to One pro masterclass focuses on Paul Reiffer, a pioneer of ultra-high-resolution photography using a Phase One camera system. And if panoramic photography interests you, then find out more about someone who has used it to great effect – the Magnum Photos legend Josef Koudelka.
Camera College is our accessible guide to the technical aspects of photography. This month we show how taking control of the camera using manual settings can really transform your image-making.
Our Practical Photoshop section delivers more in-depth tutorials, including four ways you can stylise a black-and-white or colour portrait with mono effects in Photoshop, and how to master Photoshop’s Hue/Saturation control, in Tool School.
March’s camera reviews are led by the Sigma fp, an exciting new modular camera, and the Nikkor Z DX 50-250mm, a flexible telephoto for Nikon’s full-frame mirrorless system.
Standard zoom lenses for Canon and Nikon DSLRs come under scrutiny in our group test, while mini-tests cover camera drones and lens cleaning solutions.
The March 2020 issue of Digital Camera comes with 13 fantastic free gifts
- Nine all-new photo tips cards on landscapes, creative, action – and more!
- 33 hand-painted triptych templates for displaying your favourite images
- Video disc featuring 76 minutes of Photoshop and Lightroom video training
- Bonus video content – 5 tips for choosing and using a flashgun
- 176-page Camera Buyer’s Guide ebook packed full of buying advice
- 32-page guide to The Photography Show (Birmingham, March 14-17)
Every issue of Digital Camera magazine is packed with tips, techniques, pro advice, reviews, news and inspiration. To make sure of your copy every month, subscribe at our online shop from just £12.50!
You can buy limited back issues of Digital Camera magazine in print at our MyFavouriteMagazines secure store.
Alternatively, there are a number of different digital options available, including:
• Apple app (for iPad or iPhone)
• Zinio app (multi-platform app for desktop or smartphone)
• PocketMags (multi-platform app for desktop or smartphone)
• Readly (digital magazine subscription service)