If it were later in the year, we might be thinking it was an April Fools’ Day joke, but alas Xiaomi really has silently launched the Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022 smartphone with no improvements over its predecessor. In fact, the 2022 model is actually a worse phone as it comes with less memory and lacks the triple card slot seen in the Redmi 10.(opens in new tab)
Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022: Specifications
As per the Xiaomi Redmi 10, the Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022 is powered by a MediaTek Helio G88 chipset, features a 6.5-inch LCD with 90Hz refresh rate and 5,000mAh battery with 18W charging. The phone(s) have a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, stereo speakers and come with a headphone jack.
Camera wise, the Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022, and indeed the Xiaomi Redmi 10, has a 50MP main camera on the rear, together with an 8MP ultrawide sensor and two 2MP modules for macro and depth.
The new phone will ship with MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11, matching its predecessor and is available in the same colours as its predecessor: Carbon Gray, Pebble White and Sea White.
Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022 v Redmi 10
The Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022 comes in 4GB RAM/64GB storage and 4GB RAM/128GB storage, where as the original Redmi 10 has a 6GB RAM option. For a reason currently unfathomable to us, Xiaomi has removed the Dual SIM and dedicated microSD card slot for the Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022. Where these are the the original, this year’s model has a SIM card slot and a hybrid slot that supports nano SIMs and microSD cards instead. Everything else is identical.
There's no word on pricing yet but Redmi currently has the Redmi 10 on sale at £129 (4GB + 64GB) / £149 (4GB + 128GB) so that gives us a good indication.
- Best Xiaomi phones (opens in new tab)
- The best budget camera phones (opens in new tab)
- The best dash cams (opens in new tab) right now
- The 10 best point-and-shoot cameras (opens in new tab)
- The 10 best cameras under £500/$500 (opens in new tab)
- The 10 best cameras for beginners (opens in new tab)
- The 10 best cameras for enthusiasts (opens in new tab)
- The best flashguns you can buy right now (opens in new tab)
- The best monopods (opens in new tab)
- The best camera backpacks right now (opens in new tab)