The DCW team is excited to be the new online home of Australian Cameras magazine, and we will be sharing what goes on Down Under with our readers right here on our website. One of those goings-on is the magazine's annual Fujifilm Showcase – a small photography competition that is currently open to Australian residents only.
Entries for the Fujifilm Showcase 2020 are now open and will run until August 31. Entries received after this date will be entered in the 2021 competition.
You can enter the Fujifilm Showcase as many times as you like during the year, submitting up to four photographs each time. Every entry will need to be submitted along with all the necessary camera and film/capture details, which can be found on the entry coupon in the magazine that readers can cut out, or copy as per the format below:
Fujifilm Australia has been generously supplying the round prizes for quite a few years, but the company is no longer marketing memory cards, so round winners now receive a complimentary six-issue subscription to Camera magazine. If you already subscribe, your prize subscription will commence upon the expiry of your paid one.
Note: It is not a requirement that entries to the Fujifilm Showcase be taken on Fujifilm camera equipment. Read the rules listed below carefully and get snapping.
Having only just become part of the Future team, Australian Camera magazine is in the process of changing how online submissions are sent for judging. So, until then, you can enter the Fujifilm Showcase by sending your images files on DVD or USB drive to:
Australian Camera Magazine
Future Publishing Australia
PO Box 1077, Mount Street
North Sydney, NSW 2059.
We will update our readers as soon as it's possible to send digital files again, but until then, the requirements for submitting digital files are as follows:
- 300 dpi resolution, and at a file size which enables a reproduction of up to 20x15 cm. Please avoid submitting overly large file sizes, especially when emailing the images. Up to 4.0 MB in file size is more than sufficient.
- Digital retouching and manipulation is permitted, but the judges will continue to reward good in-camera techniques.
- Full details of the camera, lens and any retouching must be supplied with the image. Images can be titled if you wish, but this isn’t essential. If you are sending your images via a DVD or USB drive, please make sure they are marked with your name and address.
- Up to four images may be permitted per entry.
- Please include a self-addressed and postage-paid envelope if you would like your disc or drive returned.
- Entries are open to Australian residents only.
Steve Waugh talks photography