Google officially launched the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro in October 2022. The Pixel 7 and the Pixel 7 Pro build on the success of Google's Pixel 6 Pro, but are they worth an upgrade? If you are keen to get your hands on either the Pixel 7 and 7 Pro, you might be wondering which phone is the right one for you, and which is the best Google Pixel phone.
Google has done a lot of the hard work for us already by making a video comparing all of the main specs of the Pixel 7 vs Pixel 7 Pro (which you can watch below). Let's take a look at how the two models compare...
Google Pixel 7 vs Pixel 7 Pro: similarities
- Chip: New Titan M2 + Google Tensor G2 chips for better overall performance and security.
- Battery: Adaptive Battery that lasts over 24 hours and up to 72 hours with Extreme Battery Saver.
- Waterproofing: Everyday protection against scratches, dust, and water (thanks to the IP68 rating).
- Android system: "Feature Drops" so the Pixel phone improves over time.
- Main camera: 50MP lens camera with Real Tone.
- Camera features: include Night Sight, Magic Eraser, and Cinematic Blur.
Google Pixel 7 vs Pixel 7 Pro: differences
- Display: Pixel 7’s 6.3” FHD+ Display up to 90 Hz vs. Pixel 7 Pro’s 6.7” QHD+ LTPO Display up to 120 Hz
- Cameras: The Pixel 7 has a Dual Rear Camera system: with 50MP Wide Lens and 12MP Ultra Wide Lens. The Pixel 7 Pro’s Triple Rear Camera sports a 50MP Wide Lens, 12MP Ultra Wide Lens with autofocus, and 48MP Telephoto Lens with 5x Optical Zoom.
- Macro mode: Pixel 7 Pro can capture closer details with Macro Focus.
- Design: Pixel 7 Pro has a polished aluminum finish and comes in Hazel, Obsidian, and Snow. Pixel 7 has a matte aluminum finish and Lemongrass, Obsidian, and Snow colors.
- Price: Pixel 7 prices start at $599/£599 while it's $899/£849 for the Pixel 7 Pro.
To summarize, the Google Pixel 7 and 7 Pro are both high-spec phones with some excellent features for photographers. The 7 Pro is slightly bigger, with 0.4-inches of extra screen space and a faster screen refresh rate.
Camera-wise, the Pixel 7 Pro has an additional 48MP telephoto zoom lens, with 5x Optical zoom. The Pixel 7 Pro also has a Macro Focus mode – useful for close-focusing on subjects, but not vital if you don't tend to shoot close-ups.
Both the Pixel 7 Pro and 7 are available to order now, and there are some excellent deals for early adopters.