The best techniques for Photoshop Elements can produce stunning images and effects that are every bit as impressive as those found in Photoshop CC. And there's a very good reason for this: Elements is built on the same architecture, featuring many of the same tools as its big brother.
The main differences are twofold. Firstly, Photoshop Elements packs that power into a much more user-friendly package – so if you want to achieve great results without diving into maze-like menus and doing endless complicated steps, you can get the results without all the rigmarole.
The second major difference is price; Photoshop CC is only available via a monthly subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud plan, so if you want to use it then you have to keep paying for it. Photoshop Elements 2020 (review) (opens in new tab), on the other hand, can be bought outright with a single one-off purchase.
So Elements offers power at a competitive price. Photoshop CC certainly has more functionality and plenty of additional tricks that warrant the ongoing price, which is why it's one of the best photo editing software (opens in new tab) suites.
That said, Elements can do many of the same things and it's so straightforward that anyone can use it. Beyond its automated 'Guided' modes, though, you can unlock even more power by following some bespoke tutorials designed specifically to take advantage of its unique layout and toolset.
Here we've put together a repository of our best tips, tricks and techniques for Photoshop Elements. Bookmark this page and keep coming back as we add more over the coming months!
• What's new in Photoshop Elements 2020? (opens in new tab)
• How to create a soft focus effect in Photoshop Elements (opens in new tab)
• Make freaky Frankenstein fruit creations in Photoshop Elements (opens in new tab)
• Make your pictures 'pop' with selective color in Photoshop Elements (opens in new tab)
• Create a vintage effect in Photoshop Elements to age your images (opens in new tab)
• How to edit Raw files in Photoshop Elements (opens in new tab)
• How to create a double exposure in Photoshop Elements (opens in new tab)
• How to sharpen images to perfection in Photoshop Elements (opens in new tab)
Photoshop Elements 2020 review (opens in new tab)
The best photo editing software: image editors for novices through to pros (opens in new tab)
The best budget laptops for photo editing (opens in new tab) and home working