With the Mobile World Congress having fallen victim to coronavirus fears, the world's camera phone manufacturers are now drip feeding us with the phones they would have otherwise have launched in Barcelona. Today, Sony has unveiled its latest budget camera phone.
The Sony Xperia L4 adds some significant improvements to the existing Xperia L3 handset – not least being the addition of a third rear wide-angle lens. The triple lens line-up comprises of a 13MP f/2 main wide lens, 5MP f/2.2 ultra-wide lens, and 2MP f/2.4 depth camera for bokeh effects. The new ultra-wide lens gives a 117° field of view equivalent to a traditional 17mm.
The phone also adds a more cinematic 21:9 aspect ratio 6.2in display. And there is a higher capacity 3580mAh battery.
The phone will be available in blue or black when it goes on sale in the spring.
• Smartphone news, camera phone leaks and mobile rumors
• Best budget camera phone in 2020
• The best camera phone in 2020
• The best add-on lenses for iPhone and Android phones
• The best gimbals for your iPhone, GoPro and camera
• The best selfie sticks