Cameras are so good nowadays that photographers can take control of just about every element of a scene. But one thing your camera can’t control is the light you have to work with.
Thankfully, Rotolight has the perfect solution.
The family-run company has been making award-winning lighting kits from its home at Britain’s famed Pinewood Studios (an address it shares with Bond, James Bond), and the firm’s Creative Colour Kit represents the pinnacle of its innovation.
Running simply on three AA batteries, the Rotolight RL48 LED lighting kit is a unique alternative to flash that connects easily to your DSLR, compact system camera or video camera, allowing you to capture beautiful exposures in any environment.
In fact, so respected is the Rotolight RL48 it was recently used on set of the latest James Bond film, Skyfall, and in Tom Hanks’ latest movie, Captain Phillips.
- The RL48 Ringlight delivers a 140º beam angle that reduces red eye and creates shadowless soft lighting, giving subjects a classic circular catch light
- Adjustable colour temperature via included filters allowing you to match to your ambient lighting and create a more natural-looking image
- Get more creative with the included 10 piece ‘Colour FX’ kit, providing filters for skin tone, backlight and hair-light effects
- Mount onto an accessory hot shoe, 1/4″ 20 lighting stand/tripod via the Rotolight stand mount included
- Kit fits into the included Accessory belt pouch – perfect for portability
Ideal for portraiture, macro subjects and video interviews on location, or as a fill-in within the studio, the RL48 also just got significantly cheaper.
The team at Rotolight is offering Digital Camera World readers a special offer on its Creative Colour Kit: while stocks last you can now get this fantastic lighting kit for £125 – £50 off its usual price of £175.
Need more convincing? Watch this amazing clip of fashion photographer Manny Cabo using the Rotolight RL48’s ringlight during one of his shoots.