Fujifilm X-E3: Verdict
The X-E3’s rangefinder styling and traditional external controls are welcome departure from regular camera design. It’s compact and responsive, and its image quality is first rate.
Fujifilm X-E3: Competition
Canon EOS M5
Canon’s only mirrorless camera with a built-in EVF is small and neat, and captures good images too, but it lacks the retro style and controls that make the Fujifilm X-E3 such a joy to use.
Read more: Canon EOS M5 review
The PEN-F is a beautiful camera, every bit as appealing as the X-E3. The smaller Micro Four Thirds 20MP sensor may put some folk off, but this does allow for smaller lenses.
Sony Alpha 6000
Twice replaced with newer variants, the 24MP A6000 nevertheless still stands up well. Resolution are great, and features are plentiful – and at today’s prices, it’s an absolute steal.
Fujifilm X-E3: Specs
- 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III sensor
- X-Processor Pro engine
- Fujifilm X mount
- ISO 200-12,800 (ISO 100-51,200 extended)
- 4K UHD video recording, 30/25/24p
- 325 AF points, upgraded tracking capabilities
- 0.39in OLED viewfinder, 2,360,000 dots
- 3in fixed touchscreen, 1,040,000 dots
- Focus lever
- Film Simulation modes
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy
- SDHC/SDXC card slot (inc. UHS-I)
- 350-frame battery life
- 121.3 x 73.9 × 42.7mm
- Approx. 337g (without lens, inc. battery and card)
The best Fujifilm lenses in 2018