Nikon has announced the release of NX Studio (opens in new tab) (version.1.0) – its new software that enables the seamless viewing, processing and editing of still images and video. Nikon digital camera users can download the software, free of charge, from 4 March 2021.
The intuitive software integrates the functions of Nikon’s current image viewing software, ViewNX-i, and its image-processing and editing software, Capture NX-D, allowing users to view, process and edit images in a single application.
NX Studio inherits a wide range of existing functions from ViewNX-i and Capture NX-D, including detailed editing functions such as Picture Control and White Balance settings, and Exposure Compensation for Raw data. In addition, it includes Colour Control Points that allow users to adjust colours within a specified area, and a Retouch Brush feature for advanced correction. Its intuitive menu structure is organised by workflow, which improves the overall response speed for each function and provides a smoother editing process for both stills and video.
The software will enable users to transfer images to Nikon's image sharing and storage service, NIKON IMAGE SPACE, and will be continually updated to ensure compatibility with new camera models. The software can be downloaded from Nikon's Download Centre (opens in new tab) at no charge.
Primary NX Studio features
- Software enables the viewing, processing and editing of still images and video in one place
- A user friendly menu, categorised by workflow – making it simple to use and easy to understand
- A variety of display options, such as filmstrip with both horizontal and vertical preview options, in addition to an easy-to-read shooting information display
- Inherited XMP/IPTC information editing and preset management functions from ViewNX-i and detailed editing functions from Capture NX-D, including Colour Control Points
- Compatibility with other software, such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2, supporting a smooth post-shooting workflow
Support for the current View NX-i and Capture NX-D software applications, including updates to the latest OS and the addition of new functions, are not planned in the future, and customers currently using View NX-i and Capture NX-D software applications are advised to update to NX Studio.
• Best photo editing software (opens in new tab)
• Best Nikon cameras (opens in new tab)
• Best photo editing laptops (opens in new tab)
• Best monitors for photographers (opens in new tab)
• Best recovery software for photos (opens in new tab)
• Best password manager (opens in new tab)