Jessops stores: Peter Jones to re-open more than 30 high street shops
Six Jessops stores will re-open their doors today in a move by new owner Peter Jones to revamp the British brand, it has been revealed. What’s more, up to 30 more Jessops stores will re-open throughout April at the rate of one a day.
The move to re-launch the Jessops stores – the Jessops chain went into administration in January – will create up to 500 jobs, according to a statement from the company, which also forecasts sales of more than £80 million in Year 1.
If Jessops achieves this it can claim nearly 15% of the UK’s DSLR market, which would place the company in the top 3 among retailers.
The move to re-open key Jessops stores follows a £4m investment by Jones to renovate its flagship outlets in London’s Oxford Street and Birmingham.
However, all Jessops stores that are re-opening will feature improvements, according to the statement, which will include
- Play Tables: Reconfigured stores to give an interactive experience where you can touch and feel the products, and try before you buy
- The Jessops Academy: photography courses can be booked in every store, for all levels from amateur snappers to aspiring professionals
- Collect@store: Greater integration with Jessops’ online offering, including a collect@store option for customers
- Expert assistance: The most highly-trained sales assistants in Europe, many specially trained with the camera manufacturers
- Europe’s Biggest range: Widest range of the world’s leading imaging brands
- Photo Printing: Offering a 25 minute express service as well as premium printing to canvas & posters within the hour
Jones wasn’t available to comment on the news at the time of writing. We will update this story as more information becomes available.
44 essential digital camera tips and tricks
16 new cameras we’d like to see in 2013
73 photo locations to shoot before you die
New Camera Anatomy: 12 key camera settings to get you started right
Master your camera’s autofocus: which AF points to use and when to use them
on Thursday, March 28th, 2013 at 12:01 am under Uncategorized.
Tags: new cameras