In the modern age, taking your photos is only half the story. You’ll also need a capable photo editing app such as Affinity’s Photo 2, ranked our best Photoshop alternative, to polish your pictures to perfection and do them justice. The great news is Affinity products can be bought on a one-off basis, so there’s no recurring monthly cost like with Adobe’s Creative Cloud. Even better, you can try before you buy too! Click here to start your free 30-day trial of Affinity Photo 2.
Unrivalled 30-day trials are available for all Affinity creative products, including the superb photo editor Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Designer 2; the award-winning vector graphics software and Affinity Publisher 2; the page layout and design powerhouse perfect for designing books, magazines, marketing materials, social media templates and much more!
The lengthy 30-day trial, with no commitment, allows users to fully explore Affinity’s credentials as the class-leading alternative to the industry standard.
Serif CEO Ashley Hewson says: “One-week free trials are common, but we have chosen to set the free trial period for Affinity at 30 days to allow users to fully experience what Affinity can do without any reservations.
“This extended trial duration provides the freedom to immerse oneself in creative work as much as desired. Like other trials, there’s no automatic billing after the trial period ends so you don’t have to remember to cancel it.”
If you’d like to continue your photo editing journey in Affinity Photo 2 once your 30-day trial has come to an end you can purchase it with a one off payment. The price of Affinity Photo 2, Publisher 2 and Designer 2 is £67.99 / $69.99 / €74.99 for each app on Windows and macOS, or £17.99 / $18.49 / €19.99 for their Apple iPad versions. However, you can save money with a bundle price of £159.99 for all three with the Affinity V2 Universal Licence.
What we love about Affinity Photo 2
1) Built for a pro workflow. Live real-time editing, massive image support, super steady pan and zoom at maximum refresh rate, near instant load of huge files… Affinity Photo 2 is exceptionally fast and powerful.
2) Flawless retouching. Smooth skin with frequency separation. Retouch with Dodge, Burn, Clone, Patch and Blemish Removal tools. Remove unwanted objects with the magical Inpainting Brush. Work in a dedicated liquify workspace to perfectly sculpt features and more.
3) Full RAW development. Shoot in RAW and enjoy an end-to-end 32-bit experience. Bring out all the details and control those finer corrections to take that perfect shot to the next level.
4) Breathtaking compositions with unlimited layers and effects. Explore a large library of adjustments, effects and live filters, all of which can be grouped, clipped, masked or blended together to create incredibly complex image compositions.
5) Fully-featured across all platforms, including iPad. The first professional photo editing application to have 100% file format compatibility across Windows, Mac and iPad, allowing you to work with the same file across any device.
As the only fully-loaded photo editor integrated across macOS, Windows and iPad, Affinity Photo is the first choice of millions of photography professionals around the world. With incredible speed, power and precision, it has everything you need to edit and retouch images, create multi-layered compositions, beautiful raster paintings and so much more.
It's also equipped with hundreds of timesaving tools and a completely redesigned UI to make your editing experience more seamless than ever.
What else is included in the Affinity creative suite?
Get a free 30-day trial of the Affinity Universal Licence bundle and in addition to the award-winning Affinity Photo 2 image editor, you can test drive Affinity Designer 2 and Affinity Publisher 2 on your choice of Mac, PC and iPad-or all three.
Affinity Designer 2 is the vector graphics software setting the new industry standard in the world of design. It’s a super-smooth, feature-packed app used by thousands of professional illustrators, web designers, game developers and other creatives looking to create high-quality concept art, print projects, logos, icons, UI designs, mock-ups and more.
Affinity Designer 2 also boasts hundreds of timesaving tools and functions allowing creatives to achieve pixel perfect designs every single time.
For photographers looking to make a photobook, album or even promotional flyers and leaflets Affinity Publisher 2 is the app for you. Optimised for the latest tech on Windows, Mac and iPad - and chosen by Apple as its Mac App of the Year - Affinity gives you the power to combine your images, graphics and text to make beautiful layouts ready for publication.
Affinity’s unique StudioLink technology means you can use the editing tools of Affinity Photo in a layout in Affinity Publisher, without having to save your work and switch apps. This simple technology alone can save huge amounts of time.