Rotolight products have always blown us away, but its latest launch on Kickstarter promises to hit even higher highs than ever before. When professional photographers describe it as "the perfect hybrid light" and say it’s so good that it "is borderline cheating", you know it’s a product you have to pay attention to.
Meet the Rotolight Anova PRO 3, the feverishly-anticipated 1x1 light that looks set to not only break more records on Kickstarter, but to break the wheel of production that has existed for so long in film and television.
So, what’s so special about the Anova PRO 3? Let’s start with the fact that it’s about to make light meters extinct on TV and film sets! In an industry first, it boasts an optical light sensor called Magic Eye that automatically measures the Kelvin and HSI color of on-set lighting – and then it automatically matches it. It’s nothing short of a hack for balancing light.
That’s a sentiment that holds just as true for stills photography, too. "The Anova PRO 3 is by far Rotolight’s best light," notes editorial and fashion photographer Jake Hicks. "Using these lights is borderline cheating in all honesty!"
Known for his strikingly bold use of gels, Hicks has once again lent his signature palette to the Master of Light Preset Packs – which features over 100 built-in HSI and gel presets, along with special effects from leading photographers, cinematographers and Emmy-winning filmmakers.
While the Anova PRO 3 delivers a wealth of out-of-the-box lighting, it also empowers you to unleash your own creativity. At your fingertips are 16.7 million colors, 2,500 digital gels, and any color temperature – all yours to select at the touch of a dial.
Creatives at the top of their field, from photographers to directors of photography, have been relying on the Anova PRO family for years. From movies like Ghostbusters: Afterlife to productions by the BBC, Netflix and Amazon Studios, the product line has been battle-tested by the best in the business – and that feedback has fed directly into the development of the Anova PRO 3.
It more than doubles the power output of the previous Anova (as well as the Rotolight AEOS PRO 2), delivering a class-leading 22,000 lux – providing more than enough light to overpower the sun. And it’s far from just a fairweather light; with IP65 water resistance, the Anova PRO 3 is an all-weather powerhouse that can be used in the studio, on the soundstage, or even on location in heavy rain showers.
From photographers to content creators to moviemakers, the Rotolight Anova PRO 3 is setting new standards and breaking new ground for still and moving images. Take a look at the Kickstarter campaign and be among the first in the world to transform your work.
- Class-leading power, >22,000 lux at 3ft, making it the brightest 1x1 panel on the market
- IP65 rated for outdoor use in the most challenging of weather conditions
- Native IP dual V lock battery operation
- In-built, patented ‘Magic-Eye’ optical light sensor: Enables the ANOVA PRO 3 to accurately measure and match output to any Kelvin or HSI color, eliminating the need for a light meter
- Industry-first intuitive, full-color touchscreen display
- Featuring in-built lumenradio wireless DMX, wired DMX and Bluetooth app control via the Rotolight app (iOS & Android)
- Designed for television, filmmakers, professional photographers and content creators
- Adjustable colour temperature from 1,700-20,000 Kelvin
- 16.7million colours and 2500 gels including those from LEE and Rosco
- Unrivaled battery performance, industry-leading energy consumption to power ratio (200W)
- Oustanding colour accuracy (TLCI 99, CRI 95)
- HSS Flash mode produces double power output
- Built-in Elinchrom, Godox, Pixapro, Neewar + more transmitters
- Compatible with previous generation accessories including yoke and barn doors
- SmartSoft electronic diffusion enabled
- 2-year manufacturer warranty included as standard
Get involved now
To see the incredible power of the Rotolight Anova PRO 3, along with other Rotolight products, you can attend exciting and educational group events to see the kit in action – and use it yourself!
Photography workshops and masterclasses are being held all over the world, offering incredible lighting setups and themed models and sets devised by award-winning photographers and Rotolight Masters of Light. Check out the upcoming events taking place from Manchester to Los Angeles to Toronto.
The success of the Anova PRO 3 campaign has been recognized by Kickstarter, and is being officially featured by the platform as a "Project We Love". The campaign still has time to run but Early Bird pledges are running out, so if you want to save up to 30% then act now and visit the Rotolight Anova PRO 3 Kickstarter page today!