Copyrighting My Images in PS
View Single Post
26-01-12, 11:57 PM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North Herts
- I've never come across anyone who has removed my watermark
- I have seen a few who have cut off the watermark, but never digitally removed it.
- I now watermark right across the width of the entire photo
- Most instance of photos used without my permission at least contain my url
- I've seen lots of instances of people complaining on photography websites of their photos being stolen, reposted without acknowledgement or used without permission, I don't recall many of them having a watermark slapped right across them.
For me it is worth the effort, and to be honest there is very little effort involved. I use the Photoshop waterark plugin, tell it where the photos are, how to watermark them (which is the same every time) and where to save them. I then do something else productive while it goes off and does it's thing.
That said, I only watermark my American Football shots because I know they will be ripped off, at least when they are people can see who took them.
My 366 project
My 366 Website
View Forum Profile
Send a private message to Cathus
Find all posts by Cathus