Is my photography any good?
View Single Post
13-11-11, 01:27 AM
Join Date: Aug 2009
Originally Posted by
Simple question, of course friends and family say it is but i would like some honest feedback and some constructive criticism from strangers, here is a randon selection i have uploaded to my photos page.
cheers in advance
Bearing in mind you'll never please everyone, you want a critique? You asked for it...
- Text on photo.. not something I like. The photo itself is pretty good. Well executed, and sharp... but that's it.
- Text on photo... distracting. The left-hand edge is a bit too near the fly/bee/whatever, so its wing is clipped. Give the subject some space, but don't loose it in a sea of... green/blue/pink-with-yellow-dots.
(the close-up one) - Text on... etc. Catchlight in the eyes shows there's life there. Smile though! Laugh even. Everyones done the moody-**** b+w self-portrait... do something different. Keep it clean though.
(4 of 4) - Text... please reposition or remove... I'm not really a fan of looking at men below the belt, yet the text has my attention. Overall, again, smile or laugh. You've got the catchlights ok, but an expression would add to them.
- Text... although not as bad this time... but the fencing mentally blocks us from going further into the photo. Are the buildings on the 'wonk', or is it the fence?
"Old forge trailer"
- A moody shot, the b+w adds to this feeling. I'd crop the top-half out, to make it letterbox style, but this also removes a bit of the textured wall. Hmm... a tough call.
- Your first publication? Congratulations. Erm... I hope there wasn't that text..?! There's enough surroundings left in the photo to show the frogs habitat. The frog itself, its eye is sharp, there's texture in its skin. Yep, I can see why you had this publicated.
View Forum Profile
Send a private message to Hybrid
Find all posts by Hybrid