Chat Thread Golden Oldie 22nd - 24th January 2010
View Single Post
28-01-10, 11:09 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dreieich, nr. Frankfurt, Germany
I've posted this in the "rules" thread. But just in case it gets missed :
To set up the new threads for the coming weekend, I do need a set of rules. I've tried to combine what has been discussed - what do you think ?
I would very much like to add that it would be good to see a short desciption of how the shot was done. a) because people may not be clear on bits of PS (textures, frames whatever) which are allowed or not
(edit - I don't mean that we would disqualify someone, but just to make things transparent)
and b) because it's interesting. I think this would be helpful for the voters.
Any comments/suggestions ?
1. To be valid images must be taken on the Fri,Sat,Sun of the competition, that is during Friday Saturday and Sunday in your time zone. ALL of the elements of any composite images or montages must be taken during the weekend competition window.
2. The subject must be set so that no one, will be excluded by limit of location, environment or equipment etc.
3. Anyone can take part in the competition and anyone can and should vote, not just the competition entrants
3. Generally there are no limits Post processing, unless the subject setter has specified basic adjustments only. Basic adjustments would be Levels brightness and sharpness etc. There is no restriction on equipment that can be used.
4. Images submitted after 12:00 UK time on the Monday may not be included as the poll thread must be set up. The poll runs for 2 days from the posting of the poll so that it generally ends mid day Wednesday.
5. The winner must set the new topic before Friday to give entrants time to think of ideas and get ready for the shoot, the competition starts on Friday, no images taken before that time are valid and will not be included in the poll.
6. The winner is then responsible for starting the Chat thread, Entry thread, and setting and managing the poll
7. Voters may not vote on their own image, the poll is set as open so you can see who appreciated your work.
"fotos by sarasocke"
View Forum Profile
Send a private message to Sarasocke
Find all posts by Sarasocke