Developing a set of rules for the Comp
View Single Post
26-01-10, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE=HinFrance;11371]Here's a copy of the post I have just put in the Golden Oldies chat thread, in case people are looking in two different places at this debate:
It seems to me that the problem is one of clarity - if we all know what we should and shouldn't do.
IMHO the amount of work that Forseti did on her picture amounts to the creation of something new and distinct from the original, but I quite understand why opinions will differ on this. I also agree with Flakes observation about all elements being taken during the weekend of the competition. I actually spent some of Saturday (OK 5 minutes) taking pictures of bits of stone and concrete walls on the off chance that I might need an overlay of some kind.
I've got a busy day today, and I am sure there will be more views aired.
So far though I think I need to add
1) anyone can take part in the competition
2) anyone can and should vote, not just the competition entrants
3) don't vote for your own entry
4) ALL of the elements of any composite images or montages must be taken during the weekend competition window - ie Friday to Sunday
5) Entries need to contain a significant proportion of original work - this is to be judged by the voting
OK, get you teeth into that, tell me what I've missed and what is still open to debate.
Re; Item4 - If the matter of using textures is stopping potential entries then let those who wish to use them do so and perhaps those who wish too, can state which elements in their pictures are within the alotted time frame
Last edited by beauxreflets; 26-01-10 at