adobe camera raw
View Single Post
05-01-10, 09:27 PM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Originally Posted by
...... i have cannon cameras a 350d and a 40d the computer operating system is windows ........
Ok, the latest (official) version of ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) for Elements 5 is version 4.2. The good news is that both your Canon 350D and 40D cameras
supported in this version.
So, first of all follow these instructions:
1. Exit Photoshop Elements
2. Open My Computer
3. Double-click Local Disk (C)
Navigate to Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 5.0\Plug-Ins\File Formats
5. In this folder you will find a file called Camera Raw with the prefix .8bi - right click on the file > choose Explore and check the version number. If it is already version 4.2 close all Windows as the latest version of ACR is correctly installed in Elements 5.
6. If the .8bi file is any version earlier than 4.2 then click on this link
and download version 4.2 saving it to the desktop.
7. The downloaded file will be a zip file so double-click on it to unzip it and then place the .8bi file in the same folder as given in para 4. above using copy and paste. Windows will advice that there is already an .8bi file in this folder and ask whether you want to replace it - respond yes.
8. Close all windows - the ACR plug-in is now installed in Elements and should be working.
Now locate one RAW file (.CR2) shot with either of your cameras, right click on it and in the pop-up menu choose to open with Elements. The Window that will (or should) now open will be Adobe Camera Raw.
Note: Para 4 is extremely important as ACR will not open/work if the plug-in (.8bi file) is placed anywhere other than in this location.
Last edited by Forseti; 05-01-10 at
View Forum Profile
Send a private message to Forseti
Find all posts by Forseti