Win the chance to shoot our cover!
We're offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to shoot Digital Camera's cover image with the [URL="http://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/"]Fujifilm X-Pro 1[/URL]!
One lucky reader will have the chance to shoot the cover of issue 128, which goes on sale 20 July 2012.
Here's the deal. The winner of this once-in-a-lifetime competition will be invited to shoot the image for our cover with the Fujifilm X-Pro1, a fantastic new compact system camera, which we review this issue on page 112. To make sure you get the most out of this opportunity, you’ll be shooting our cover alongside Brett Harkness, a top portrait and social photographer. The winner also gets to keep the X-Pro1 with 35mm lens!
Brett will offer help and guidance on the day, alongside Geoff Harris, editor of Digital Camera, and Nathan Wake, a Fujifilm pro photographer and technical expert. The second and third-prize winners will receive a Fujifilm X-S1 and X10 camera respectively.
We’ll confirm the exact date of the one-day cover shoot with the winner, but it will need to take place around the second week of June 2012 to fit in with the magazine’s deadlines (please check your availability at that time).
So what do you have to do to win? The theme of the competition is outdoor portraits, so we’re looking for really good shots of people taken outside. There are no restrictions on the type of people you include in your entries (individuals or groups, age, gender, nationality etc) or type of outdoor location. We’re simply looking for really outstanding and creative examples of outdoor portrait photography.
Our judging panel will pick one overall winner and two runners-up. We will also provide accommodation for the winner (one night before the photo shoot) and cover travel expenses.
This competition is restricted to UK residents for logistical reasons (although you are welcome to submit images taken anywhere in the world).
[B]HOW TO ENTER
To enter, go to [URL="http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/forum/gallery/upload.php?c=67"]Upload[/URL] and select category 'Shoot Our Cover Competition'. For [URL="http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8216"]instructions on uploading your photo, click here[/URL].
The competition will open on 27 April 2012 and close at midnight on 1 June 2012.
Future Publishing Ltd. Beauford House 30 Monmouth Street Bath BA1 2BW England
Tel: (+44) 01225 442244
1. These rules and any other rules specified by Future Publishing Limited or any of its group of companies (the “Company”) from time to time (“Competition Rules”) apply to any competition which is run by or on behalf of the Company (“Competition”). By taking part in a Competition, you agree to be bound by the Competition Rules and by the decisions of the Company which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. The Company reserves the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in its absolute discretion for any reason and without notice in accordance with the Competition rules.
2. All entries must be received at the place specified during the period in which the Competition is open and late or incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of posting (if relevant) shall not be deemed proof of delivery. No responsibility can be accepted for entries which are lost, delayed, misdirected or corrupted during delivery to the place specified for any reason whatsoever.
3. Entries must be submitted by an individual (not via any agency or similar) and, unless otherwise stated, are limited to one per household. Prizes may be provided by a third party sponsor of the Competition. The Company reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize with cash or a prize of comparable value.
4. The winning entry will be that which has met the entry criteria and which most closely meets the Competition criteria specified.
5. Unless otherwise stated, each Competition is open to all GB residents of 18 years and over, except employees of: (a) the Company; and (b) any third party appointed by the Company to organise and/or manage the Competition; and (c) the Competition sponsor(s).
6. By entering a Competition you:
a. grant the Company, any third parties appointed by the Company for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition and the Competition sponsor(s) permission to use your name and likeness for the purpose of organising and/or managing the Competition, for announcing the winner of the Competition and for related promotional purposes; and
b. acknowledge that, where the Competition is being run on the Facebook site, you are disclosing information to the Company and any Competition sponsor(s) and not to Facebook Ireland Limited or Facebook, Inc. (together “Facebook”);
c. grant the Company and any Competition sponsor(s) the right to use your personal information to send you information about their respective products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive this information, please follow the instructions given.
d. accept that all entries will become the property of the Company upon receipt and will not be returned. You will retain all rights you have in the copyright and other intellectual property rights comprising the Competition entry but, by entering the Competition, you grant the Company, its licensees and the Competition sponsor (if any) the right free of charge to republish your Competition entry in any media.
e. waive any moral rights or similar rights you have in your Competition entry whether such rights arise pursuant to the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988 (the “Act”) or equivalent legislation anywhere in the world; and
f. warrant to the Company that the Competition entry is wholly original to you and not wholly or substantially copied from any other material and that the Competition entry does not defame, cause injury to or invade the privacy of or otherwise infringe or violate any statutory, common law, regulatory or intellectual property rights of any third party.
7. You may be offered the chance to subscribe for a free newsletter or other service of the Company but failing to do this will not disqualify you from a Competition.
8. If you are a winner, you may have to provide additional information (including, without limitation, proof of age or identity) and/or complete additional documents and return them to the Company within a specified period. Failure to provide additional information and/or complete additional documents within the required time period, or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
9. The name(s) of the winner(s) and details of the winning entry or entries will be sent to anyone who requests the same within three (3) months of the closing date of the Competition. Requests should be sent to the postal or email address for competition entries and, if postal, should be accompanied by an SAE.
10. If you are a winner of a Competition:
a. the receipt by you of any prize is conditional upon you complying with any and all applicable laws, rules and regulations including, without limitation, the Competition Rules;
b. you acknowledge and agree that neither the Company or any Competition sponsor(s) or any of their employees, agents or subcontractors shall have any liability to you whatsoever in connection with your use and/or possession of your prize, provided that nothing in these Competition Rules shall exclude or limit the liability of any party for personal injury or death caused by negligence or for anything else which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
Sent a query on the actual page but has not been published / replied to. Have an image or two in mind but following your instructions on going to " upload" you get loads of other categories but not 'Shoot Our Cover Competition'.
Can you advise how people upload to the comp?
Problem with IE9 compatability - Ok using firefox
Seems there is a size limit on your web servers. Got it down to 1.7MB to upload ok but perhaps some guidance would be appropriate as I didn't see any.
1 photo per member only
Why are you allowing the upload of more than one image?
Yes I wondered that - one entry per household it actually says so I assume multiple entries are being contacted to select [U]one [/U]or being knocked out prior to looking through and shortlisting or you shortlist for them when they should have done so at entry stage from their own favourites?
Not seen any more mention of this. Guessing the winner knows now - any chance of seeing who won and the also rans as there were some interesting submissions
I wonder when they will announce it? I noticed a lot of entries by the same people and ones that werent even portraits!:confused:
[QUOTE=Mirus Lux;79470]I wonder when they will announce it? I noticed a lot of entries by the same people and ones that werent even portraits!:confused:[/QUOTE]
I think what happened with the entries that weren't portraits was due to the photo uploader defaulting to the competiition topic.
I would guess they have informed the winners and will probably announce them in the issue of DCW Magazine that has the shot cover on it.
Any new on this competition ?
|All times are GMT. The time now is 04:43 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.