FORUM USE: Please read
1) Before posting on the forums, read these rules: [url]http://www.futureplc.com/futurenet/terms-and-conditions/[/url]
2) Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage.
3) Use proper English, do not use 'txt tlk'. Do NOT post messages all in caps.
4) The forum is not an "online chat room" for irrelevant postings – it is for photography related subjects and should be used as such. Please use software specifically designed for this purpose, i.e. MSN Messenger, ICQ, Skype etc.
5) Please post your message to the appropriate forum thread.
6) Do not post for sale messages.
7) Don't post just to increase your post count.
8 ) Members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of deriding that forum's topic and/or members.
9) Do not "bump" your topics back to the top of the forum boards. This is not fair on other users.
10) The forum has a search facility, please use it as chances are that your topic has been posted before.
11) Make your topic title descriptive. Do not use titles like "HEEELLLPPP PPPLEEASE!!!!" as these topics are often overlooked, and may well be deleted.
12) Please be considerate when posting long links. If it is going to create a horizontal scroll bar, shorten the link. Mods who find oversized links that create horizontal scrollbars will delete your post.
13) The size of signatures should be kept to a minimum (two or three lines), the advertising of items for sale is NOT allowed in the signature, this includes Ebay. Make sure your signature won't be mistaken for being part of your post.
14) Do not create multiple accounts.
15) Do not post other people's personal information on here, without their express permission (posted by them on the forum). This includes, but is not limited to, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses.
[B]Summary: Behave nicely. If doing it in 'the real world' would be frowned upon, don't do it here.
Your link is broken. Thank you very much for this. We asked, and asked when Marcus was here but never got anything. Amy did what she could, but it was not her role to do this, she was supposed to be a content writer but she still did a great job of helping everyone.
Just thinking aloud again. :)
"5) Please post your message to the appropriate forum thread."
"9) Do not "bump" your topics back to the top of the forum boards. This is not fair on other users."
Do you think people will actually see this post, before they post in one of the other boards. This should really be at the top of the forum index page IMO.
"4) The forum is not an "online chat room" for irrelevant postings – it is for photography related subjects and should be used as such. Please use software specifically designed for this purpose, i.e. MSN Messenger, ICQ, Skype etc"
A bit contradictory, isn't this board for that very purpose?,
Where to air your views on anything - just keep it clean...
Thanks for your comments.
Online chat rooms, MSN, Skype, and other software that encourages 'live' chat are very different to forums. Comments are more brief and spontaneous, and the threads would be much, much longer.
Forums are here for the purpose of discussion and considered opinions. Yes it's chat and conversation, but in a very different form. We don't want to see comments things like, for example, 'How are you?'
'I'm fine, thanks, you?'
'I was drunk at the weekend.'
Fortunately I haven't seen much of this, but just in case people would like to refer to our guidelines for forum use, we have stipulated that people do not use the forum for conversation such as this. I hope this helps.
|All times are GMT. The time now is 09:34 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2013, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.