Win an overseas trek or cycle ride with the British Heart Foundation! (Sponsored)
The British Heart Foundation (BHF) is the UK’s leading heart charity and has teamed up with Digital Camera to offer readers a fantastic prize – a free place on an overseas trek or cycle ride in a range of amazing locations.
If that wasn’t cool enough, the winner will become the BHF’s official photographer on the trip. Your images could be featured in a range of official print, online publications and promotions – giving great exposure to your work! In addition, the four runners-up will be able to take part in one of the charity’s bespoke UK hikes and treks.
BHF runs a number of bespoke hikes and overseas treks each year to help fund essential research into heart disease. Your images will encourage more people to take part in these events and so support the charity’s life-saving work.
This high-profile competition will be judged by Geoff Harris, Editor of Digital Camera magazine, Nancy Prior, Head of Events at the BHF and top landscape photographer, David Clapp. To find out more about the BHF and its fantastic work, go to www.bhf.org.uk.
What you need to do
To enter this once-in-a-lifetime competition, simply send in a digital image taken at one of the following:
* The Hadrian’s Wall
* The South Downs National Park
* The Yorkshire Dales National Park
* The Peak District
* Central Scotland
Your image needs to capture these natural and dramatic landscapes at their best, and inspire other people to visit them.
Photos win prizes
The overall winner will be able to choose a place on ONE of these amazing overseas events:
- the Kilimanjaro Trek in Africa
- the Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal
- the Dalai Lama Trek in India
- or the Kenya Rift Valley Bike Ride in Africa.
The four runners up will be able to choose from some great UK hikes , namely, the Hadrian’s Wall Hike, the London to Brighton Trek, the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge, the High Peak Winter Hike and the Glasgow to Edinburgh Trek.
How to Enter
Entries must be submitted via www.wetransfer.com and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (from the ‘friend’s email’ box).
You must also ensure that details of where you took your images and your full contact details are in the message field.
Deadline for entries is midnight, 30 March 2014.
Image entry criteria
Please ensure your entries meet the following criteria
File format : Jpeg
Resolution : 300dpi
Dimensions : 2000 pixels on the longest edge.
Quality : Jpeg Compression setting 75% or 7 ( Photoshop )
Terms and conditions: British Heart Foundation Photography Competition
1. The Promoter is British Heart Foundation, Greater London House, 180 Hampstead Road London, NW1 7AW ( the “Promoter”).
2. The competition opens at 0500hrs on 22 February 2014 and closes at midnight on 30 March 2014. All entries must be received by midnight on 30 March 2014 to be entered into the competition.
3. It is a condition of this competition that any photographs entered by any applicant must be taken at the following:
a. Hadrian’s Wall;
b. The South Downs National Park;
c. The Yorkshire Dales National Park;
d. The Peak District;
e. Central Scotland.
4. All entries must be digital photographs and meet the specifications outlined at www.digitalcameraworld.com/2014/02/21/bhf/
Entries must also be submitted to the email address provided via We Transfer. Any entries that do not comply with these technical requirements will not be considered by the judges. To view We Transfer’s own terms and conditions visit www.wetransfer.com/legal.
5. The Promoter takes no responsibility or liability for any lost, damaged or incomplete entries or registrations howsoever caused. All lost, damaged or incomplete registrations will be deemed invalid. Any proof of registration shall not be proof of delivery or receipt of an entry.
6. The Promoter will provide a first prize and four runners up prizes (collectively the “Prizes”):
a. The first prize is a choice of one of the Promoter’s bespoke overseas treks or cycle rides. The first prize winner will be able to choose from the following overseas events: Kilimanjaro Trek; Everest Base Camp Trek; Dalai Lama Trek; or Kenya Rift Valley Bike Ride. Not all costs of the winner’s chosen trip will be covered by the Promoter. Further details of costs included, can be found on the corresponding events page on the Promoter’s website www.bhf.org.uk/overseas.
b. Winners of the four runners up prizes will be able to choose from one of the following treks organised by the Promoter: Hadrian’s Wall Hike; The London to Brighton Trek; The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge; The High Peak Winter Hike and
c. The Glasgow to Edinburgh Trek. Not all costs of the winners’ chosen treks will be covered by the Promoter. Further details of costs can be found at www.bhf.org.uk/ukhikes of the Promoter’s website.
7. It is a strict condition of this competition that the winner of the first prize takes photographs of the route of their chosen trek or cycle ride. The winner will be regarded as the Promoter’s official photographer for their chosen trek or cycle ride and the Promoter will be entitled to use the photographs in any promotional material the Promoter decides to produce, whether electronic, printed or otherwise without any payment for up to 4 calendar years from the end of the chosen trek or cycle ride. In addition, the photographs may be used by the Promoter in any press and/or communication materials (including any communications on social media e.g. twitter and/or Facebook).
8. All Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged or sold. Once a winner has chosen their trek or cycle ride, it will not be possible for the winner to transfer to an alternative trek or cycle ride.
9. The first prize winner will be required to enter into separate terms and conditions of their chosen trek or cycle ride. Copies of these terms and conditions are available on request from email@example.com.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to change the prize or cancel the competition at any time.
11. The competition is only open to people aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
12. The competition entries will be judged on 31 March & 1st April 2014 and winners of the Prizes will be notified on 2 April 2014. Only the winners will be notified and no correspondence with any other entrant in connection with this competition will be entered into. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all matters. The winners will be judged independently. Digital Camera magazine (“DC”) will review all entries to compile a shortlist of 20 and winners will be chosen from a panel, which will include an independent professional photographer. Details of the criteria for the Prizes are available on the competition website.
13. In addition to the winners of the Prizes being notified personally, winners will be announced on DC’s online magazine on 7 April 2014 and in DC’s printed April edition in addition to DC’s social media platforms.
14. If any winners of the Prizes cannot be contacted by 5pm on 4 April 2014 or decide to decline the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to select a substitute winner in their place.
15. Applicants shall be responsible for ensuring that the contact details they provide are up to date and accurate.
16. Each winner will retain intellectual property rights, but the Promoter will be entitled to use any of the winning photographs for up to 4 calendar years, from 2 April 2014 to 2 April 2018 inclusive, in any promotional material the Promoter decides to produce, whether electronic, printed or otherwise without any payment. In addition, the winners’ photographs may be used by the Promoter in any press and/or communication materials (including any communications on social media e.g. twitter and/or Facebook).
17. Each winner agrees to co-operate with the Promoter to answer any media queries at any time.
18. The draw is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, agents, or affiliates of the Promoter, or anyone involved in this competition.
19. The Promoter will not be responsible for any delay or failure of any forms to be delivered by the entry deadline or any incomplete forms received.
20. Any data collected is for the purpose of the competition and to contact and notify the winner only.
21. No purchase is necessary to enter the competition and is free to enter.
22. By entering the prize draw you:
d. agree to grant the Promoter an unfettered right to use and reproduce your entry in any way;
e. warrant that your entry is original and has not been copied from a third party’s copyright work; and
f. warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete.
23. Entry into the competition will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these terms and conditions.
on Friday, February 21st, 2014 at 5:00 am under Competitions, News.