How to position yourself (and camera) to shoot street portraits
- Keep one eye open to watch out for passers by.
- Get low down for better composition and intimate shots.
- Shoot in Continuous mode to help capture the peak action.
- Don’t always shoot on a long lens. Fit a wide-angle too.
- A steady support is always important for getting the sharpest shots.
The best camera settings for candid street photography
Like a good Martini, select the best camera settings so you’re ready to shoot anytime, any place, anywhere.
- Metering – Overall for consistency when framing.
- Exposure mode – TV or AV for instant good exposures.
- Burst mode – Continuous shooting to grab the action.
- Power – Leave turned on so you’re always ready to shoot.